Pain in the neck and shoulder that varies in intensity, and may feel achy or like an electric shock from the neck to the arm.
Neck pain can have causes that aren't due to underlying disease. Examples include prolonged straining (looking up or down), sleeping in an uncomfortable position, stress, or wearing heavy necklaces.
Most back pain gradually improves with home treatment and self-care, usually within a few weeks. Contact your health care provider for back pain that:
• Lasts longer than a few weeks
• Is severe and doesn't improve with rest
• Spreads down one or both legs, especially if the pain goes below the knee
• Causes weakness, numbness or tingling in one or both legs
• Is paired with unexplained weight loss
• In rare cases, back pain can signal a serious medical problem. Seek immediate care for back pain that:
• Causes new bowel or bladder problems
• Is accompanied by a fever
• Follows a fall, blow to the back or other injury
Fortunately, measures can help prevent or ease most back pain episodes, particularly for individuals more youthful than age 60. If prevention stops working, simple home treatment and using the body correctly typically will heal the back within a couple of weeks. Surgery is hardly ever needed to deal with back pain.
Back pain can range from a muscle aching to a shooting, burning or stabbing sensation. Also, the pain can radiate down a leg. Bending, twisting, lifting, standing or walking can make it worse.
When you’re in pain, your quality of life decreases dramatically – and every aspect of your everyday life is impacted. Just because you have a condition that causes pain, it doesn’t mean you have to live with the pain day in and day out. The pain management specialists at the Minnesota Pain Institute in Mendota Heights, MN can help you get relief.
Back pain usually resolves with rest and home remedies, but sometimes medical treatment is necessary.
• Physical therapy
• Cortisone injections
• Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
Surgery for back pain is very uncommon. Specifically if there is relentless pain and nerve compression which can lead to muscle weak point if a patient has actually a herniated disk surgery might be an alternative.